From Internet to Metaverse: How to Safeguard Your Children and Families in a Virtual World
Virtual Webinar for Parents: May 11, 2022 12:00-1:00PM ET
Our world is becoming more virtual with each passing day, with people spending more time than ever on social media, streaming and gaming. At the same time, the evolution into the metaverse is blurring the lines between our physical and digital lives. How is this surge in virtual time affecting our children and families? How can we tell what is beneficial, and what is problematic?
We invite you to join us for an expert panel, hosted by the Morgan Stanley Alliance for Children’s Mental Health, discussing:
- Trends in social media, streaming and gaming consumption, and the evolution into the metaverse;
- How those trends are transforming our daily lives and potentially impacting the wellbeing of youth; and
- How to foster healthy habits and safeguard your children and families in a virtual world.
- Brian Nowak, Managing Director, US Internet Equity Research, Morgan Stanley
- Michael P. Milham, MD, PhD, Vice President, Research, Phyllis Green and Randolph Cōwen Scholar, Child Mind Institute
- Shaun Friel, Director, Childline, National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children
- Joan Steinberg, Global Head of Philanthropy, President, Morgan Stanley Foundation, CEO, Morgan Stanley Alliance for Children’s Mental Health Advisory Board